Saturday 20 March 2010

Learner Driver.

I am finally learning to drive! I had a lesson yesterday and now I am basically a 3 point-turn genius. I don't really understand reversing yet, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon enough. I have also successfully avoided hitting:

4 pheasants
1 squirrel
2 cats

I've discovered that driving is very difficult to get the hang of for maybe the first hour and then it is pretty easy. As long as you have good control of your feet and you're not blind, its actually enjoyable. I can't wait for the day when I don't have to think what gear I should be in and I can concentrate on singing along to some pumpin' jams.

What is most odd about me not having a driving license is that I already own a car. I have a 1992 Mini City in a lovely shade of Henley blue. My very helpful boyfriend is currently doing it up. As we bought it with crash damage, for a very good price. It should be ready to go by the time I pass hopefully!



When this beauty is ready to roll, I shall probably be the coolest road user around.

No comments:

Post a Comment